10.1.10

Intervention

I'm really supposed to be working on prepping my Sunday School lesson right now. I didn't remember that I was teaching until yesterday, and I couldn't pick up the materials from Sasha until this morning, and the first opportunity I have to be home is right now. 1:30 AM.

I've been working for the church for as long as I can remember. Not a bad working environment most of the time, but the hours are crazy and the pay is deferred. "your reward in Heaven is great", I believe it says on my contract.

Could I get just a little of it now?

They say that being an American with a college education gives you a lot of privilege these days, but I don't get why we should feel so privileged. We have all these things, but they don't make us happy.

They make us busy.

They make us forget God.

I don't really know what this post is about, and I really need to get back to work, but I also feel like I'm standing in my own way here. The thing that blocks me from Him

Is me.

How do I get out of my own way?

No comments: